Welcome to the 16th Semiannual IWU Study Abroad Photo Contest
This fall we are returning with two new categories, different set of judges and big hopes to see amazing photos from when you studied abroad!
These are the categories:
- Sense of Place— share photos that capture how you perceive a country, a place where you studied. Before choosing a photo ask yourself: “What kind of place is this? What does this place mean to me?”
- Roads Less Traveled — photos of the place, a hidden gem that tourists won’t find, but those who explore will.
- Learning Experience — we learn inside and outside of classroom. Share your learning experience, volunteer work opportunity, any moment of your daily life abroad when you learnt something. It’s those “ah-ha” moments when there’s “So that’s how it works”, why it works or “Now I know!”.
- Proud Moment — a moment when you felt pleased or satisfied with what you have accomplished, built, achieved. It could be a moment when you were able to communicate decently in a foreign language, shared a happy moment with your host family, hiked the longest distance in your entire life or finished the project you were working on for the past several weeks
As you know we have certain requirements:
You must be an IWU student who has participated in an IWU-sponsored study abroad program in the spring and summer of 2017.
· Each student may submit up to 5 photos, but no more than 2 photos in any one of the categories listed above.
· Photos may be in color or black and white and should be digital images.
Submit your photo HERE (be sure to log in with your iwu.edu account)
Entries are due Friday, September 8. We will begin posting photos on Facebook as soon as they come in and voting will close on Friday, September 22 at 4:00 pm.
Winners will be those who receive the most likes in each category. Participants may win in only one category, but additional awards will be given for the People’s Choice (photo can not be a winner in any other four categories stated above) and Judges’ Choice.
Enter for a chance to win Amazon Gift cards!
Winning photographs will be displayed at various campus events (such as the Study Abroad Fair), on the Study Abroad website, IWU International Office blog, Study Abroad and International Office FB pages and used to help promoting study abroad at IWU.
Please remember by submitting your photo you agree to allow IWU International Office to use your name, your photo and its description to promote IWU and Study Abroad Programs.