browser icon
You are using an insecure version of your web browser. Please update your browser!
Using an outdated browser makes your computer unsafe. For a safer, faster, more enjoyable user experience, please update your browser today or try a newer browser.

Alumni Feature: Audra Loveland

Posted by on October 5, 2015

It is a source of pride to know that our graduates are out there making their mark on the world.   It hasn’t taken long for IWU Alumna Audra Loveland to do just that.  I asked Audra if she would take a moment to share with us what she has been up to since graduating just four years ago.  She has had amazing success, and Audra still has amazing things yet to accomplish.- KL

yepGraduation year: 2012

What are you doing professionally right now? I just recently moved from Chicago to San Francisco. I plan to freelance in the bay area and take auditions. Within a week of moving here, I was hired to be the Horn Professor at Fresno Pacific University. I will be teaching private horn lessons and also coaching chamber music. I am currently studying with Principal Horn of the SFSO, Bob Ward.

Why did you choose IWU? When I visited IWU, I immediately felt the sense of community within the music school. It was important to me that I would receive rigorous music training along with a liberal arts education.
Did you feel prepared after graduation? Absolutely. Because I am pursuing horn performance as a career, it was very beneficial to be studying with someone as successful in the freelance world as Kelly Langenberg. She has done everything! If you need someone to guide you as a performer or an educator, she is exactly what you need. She helped me prepare for my graduate school auditions. Immediately following IWU, I attended Northwestern University and received a Master’s Degree in Horn Performance.
Any advice for students who are currently deciding on a university? I would recommend going somewhere that challenges you but also supports you while pursuing your career. IWU provided me with amazing opportunities while I was in school and continues to help me on my career path.
Would you choose IWU again? Absolutely. Nowhere can compare to the quality of teaching and people I was exposed to while in school. I am still in contact with many of my professors and colleagues.
-AL