Welcome to our new Office Coordinator

The English Department has a new office coordinator this year. Kathie Bradley, previously the office coordinator for Student Activities and Fraternity and Sorority Life, joined the English Department in October. “I wasn’t really looking to switch jobs on campus,” says Kathie. “When the opportunity arose to work in the English Department, I jumped at the chance to work with the creative students and faculty.” Although she was concerned that she wouldn’t be able to interact with students and see them grow as much as she had in Student Affairs, she quickly found that would not be a problem: “There is a constant flow of students in the building,” she notes. “I’ve already seen the mutual respect between faculty and staff. There is an easiness to the department that leads to a sharing of ideas and opinions.” A writer herself (her license plate reads “WRITE 25”), she finds creative sustenance in joining a community for whom writing is central. “I’ve always tried to do something creative on a daily basis. I truly believe I have found a place that is welcoming, nurturing, and safe to help rediscover my muses.”

Welcome to the department, Kathie!