– Writes assigned communications which meet the needs of internal and external audiences, including, but not limited to financial representatives, employees and clients.
– Applies journalistic and Web content development skills following best practices.
– Secures appropriate approvals for assigned communications which meet legal, compliance, brand and other standards.
– Works comfortably in a fast-paced, multi-tasking team environment.
– Participates in communications brainstorming sessions.
– Confers with editor, supervisor, designers and developers, as needed, to enhance communications.
– Assists with other duties as assigned.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Associated Press Style knowledge
– Creative, some graphic design experience helpful
– Detail oriented
– Strong organizational skills
– Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint
– Ability to learn our Web publishing tool, ContentCenter
– This is a paid internship, available to current college students.
– The internship begins in January 2010. The internship will be part-time (15-20 hours per week) during the semester and full-time (38.75 hours per week) during the summer. Internship may be extended through December 2010.
– Scheduled hours will be based on the intern’s class schedule.
– The internship is located in Bloomington, IL.
-Interested candidates should apply online at by December 8, 2009.
Questions should be directed to Renee Haning, College Relations and Employment Coordinator at email@example.com