The Road Not Taken

When I was a student in grade school, I distinctly remember reading The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost. It really made an impact on the way I looked at poetry and how I went through life in general. “I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” Since reading this famous line, I have gone through my life making decisions not based off of what is easiest, but what is morally just and better for my future and for my overall evolution as a man. It is funny that one piece of writing can make you genuflect so greatly and make you really evaluate your life. I believe writing is a double-edged sword, giving people a feeling of hope in a positive and negative way. Writing is so powerful that it can heavily influence the mindset of people, including myself. This ability to persuade people via stories and poems has truly made me passionate about the subject and made me decide to be an English/Writing major for my major. I always believed that journal articles and novels could heavily influence someone, but after this class, I now realize poetry can have the same positive effect. I will continue to take the road less traveled by in my studies, and I will continue to believe that writing has the power to do a lot of good in this world.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.