This blog is a great resource for highlighting what is new and important in the field of anthropology. It does focus on cultural anthropology but it does encompass all four subfields.
From the blog’s own mission statement, the purpose of the blog is to:
- provide an important place for highlighting what is new and important in anthropology and how anthropology connects to important current affairs
- share information and approaches for enhanced teaching within and beyond anthropology at all levels
- energize future research through exchange
- contribute to policy dialogue and policy formation
- lead to a more global anthropology that crosses regional divides
- help us be more informed about real people around the world, the challenges they face and how they are attempting to deal with them