Bev (Wrinkler) Houghton ’65: 50th Reunion Memories

I left Illinois after graduation and headed for Southern California where I began my nursing career in a local hospital working nights, of course.  I married, spent a few years in Ohio, had a daughter, and then returned to Long Beach, CA.   My nursing career covered 40 years of full time work which included supervisory roles in hospitals, managing clinic operations, and 14 years working for the military health care contractors, managing offices in local military bases. I received my Masters in Health Care Administration from the University of Laverne.  In 1981 I joined the Army National Guard and served over 20 years in the National Guard and Army Reserve retiring as a Lieutenant Colonel.   Milt and I have been married for 24 years and collectively we have 3 children and 2 grandchildren.  I am currently active in my community, church and a number of veteran organizations. I enjoy traveling, reading, spending time with grandchildren and going to hockey games routing for the Anaheim Ducks.