Carol (Thompson) Sheldon ’65 50th Reunion Memories

Carol shared the following information:

“My history in brief after college:  I married Roger Sheldon ’64 after graduation and worked as a computer programmer in Chicago to put him through Northwestern Medical School.  We moved to Boston for Roger’s internship and residence in Pediatrics where I did computer programming for Boston Children’s Hospital until Christopher was born in 1972.  Then on to Denver, where I went to Medical School.  I was a radiologist in Oklahoma City for 31 years – the last 12 years specialized in breast diagnosis.  We retired to Minneapolis in 2010-not many people are crazy enough to move north for their retirement, but 4 of our grandchildren live here and they trump the winter weather.  We enjoy reading, travel, grandchildren, Barbershop Singing (Rog – he was a member of the now long-defunct Apollo Quartet at IWU) and I have become very active in American Association of University Women.  I am trying to contact class members hoping to see many at reunion in Oct 2015.”

If you haven’t been back to campus lately, the changes will surprise you!