Do you love working with animals? Check out the available volunteering positions at Humane Society:
1. Walking Dogs: Dogs are scheduled for three walks daily; 7:00 – 9:00 am, 11:30 am – 1:30 pm, and 6:00 – 8:00 pm. If comfortable, volunteers can brush and bathe dogs during non-walk/play times.
2. Working in the cat rooms: The cat rooms are cleaned and disinfected every morning and the staff always needs help with this. Each cage is swept out and washed and each cat is given a clean litter box, food and water, a towel and toys. Throughout the day, pet waste is removed and water can be checked. All cats need socialization and attention which helps with their transition to a new home.
3. Laundry: All of the cats have towels and other soft items in their cages, and dogs have blankets for comfort. These items are washed daily.
4. Dishes: Dog and cat bowls, litter boxes, and toys are washed daily to keep the animals’ environment as clean as possible to reduce the chance of illnesses.
5. Grooming: Brushing, bathing, and trimming nails helps with socialization and adoptability and provides one-to-one human attention.
6. Other: Maintenance such as cleaning the office, mowing the grass, washing windows, trimming bushes, pulling weeds, and picking up garbage and dog waste from the yard.
7. Office: Due to the nature of the work in the office, volunteer opportunities are quite limited. Volunteers will be selected for specific tasks as deemed appropriate.
8. Committees: There are several committees that need volunteers. The Events / Public Relations committee is always in need of people to plan, publicize, chair, and staff events. The Education committee needs assistance with conducting presentations to various groups. To assist with a committee, please call the Pet Adoption Center and the committee chairperson will be notified.
Interested in these opportunities? Email volunteers@HSCIpets.org or visit Humane Society website for more information!