Julie Regenbogen: CPP Internship ’08

Julie Regenbogen

State Farm Projects:

I worked in Property and Casualty Claims at State Farm. At State Farm, I worked on daily tasks in my department, including editing memos, reviewing claims procedures, and working on the Military Affinity group newsletter. I also organized an event for my department called Showcase Your Talents as part of State Farm’s diversity and inclusion efforts. I also sat in on editorial meetings and job shadowed in the Corporate Law department.

Autism Society of McLean County Projects:

In the community, I worked with E=MC2, a program of the Autism Society of McLean County that focused specifically on employing adults with autism in the community. At E=MC2, my goal was to initiate a public awareness campaign to educate about the employment potential of adults with autism. This involved crafting media for the general public, including interviewing parents of children with autism to write feature stories on individuals with autism in the workforce. I also drafted a proposal for E=MC2 to present at a conference hosted by the McLean County Chamber of Commerce.