Walk In Bike Out Event Manual

As her project for the Fall Action Research Seminar, Psychology major Natalie Weimer (’16) partnered with the West Bloomington Revitalization Project to create a manual for hosting the Walk In Bike Out event that Rick Heiser currently hosts.

bikes

“In an attempt to combine my passion for bikes with the revitalization efforts targeted at the Westside, I decided to take a closer look at the Walk In Bike Out event. This annual event originally came out of the West Bloomington Revitalization Project (WBRP) and is currently run by a team of dedicated and skilled volunteers, notably led by bike guru and Bloomington citizen Rick Heiser.

My project consisted of conducting interviews, collecting information and writing an event manual for the Walk In Bike Out event. I worked closely with Rick Heiser and four other community members who have been involved with various aspects of the event. The manual is intended to serve many purposes: to be a guide for someone planning the event, to evaluate the current progress of the event, to offer suggestions for expanding bike service to the Westside, and to serve as a testament to the event’s remarkable success.”